Social Media Competitions T's & C's
Social Media Competition
Terms & Conditions
- The promoter is Versus Socks Pty Ltd (“Versus Socks”) whose registered office is at Unit 11, Innovation Centre 1, Meson Close 6, Techno Park, Stellenbosch, South Africa.
- Entry into Versus Socks promotional competitions will be deemed acceptance of these rules, terms and conditions as stipulated by Versus Socks.
- Participants must be 18 years and older to qualify for participation in Versus Socks promotional competitions.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The winner(s) will be notified of their winnings via the specific channel where the promotional competition was hosted (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Email) from the following accounts
- Instagram: @versussocks, @versussocks_uk, @versussocks_aus and @versussocks_usa.
- Facebook: @versussocks, @versussocksuk, @versussocksaus and @versussocksusa
- Email: @versussocks.co.za, @versussocks.co.uk, @versussocks.com
- Versus Socks will not be held reliable for participants sharing personal information with scam accounts. It is the participants responsibility to report scam accounts to Versus Socks or the relevant social media platform.
- Versus Socks will take all reasonable steps to notify the winner(s). The winner(s) will be notified within 48hrs of the closing of the promotional competition. If the winner(s) cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize(s) within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize(s) from the winner(s) and pick a replacement winner(s).
- The promotional competition is exclusive to South African residents only, unless stated otherwise, and is closed to any person who are directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the company or marketing service providers, or spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members. In addition, all Versus Socks employees are precluded from participation in the promotional competition.
- Versus Socks reserves the right to request personal information from the participant(s) as it may be deemed necessary for the participant(s) to receive the prize(s).
- The prize winner(s) will be selected by random draw using the online platform Arbitery or meeting the winning criteria first, after the closing date. Prize winner(s) will be notified by Versus Socks using the appropriate personal details of the person(s) concerned which it has on record. Also Versus Socks reserves the right to publish the name(s), surname(s) and/or photograph(s) of the winner(s) and the winner(s) consents to such publication.
- In the event of technical failure or damage to the device used for the random draw or selection (if applicable) irrespective of the cause thereof, another suitable device or method will be used at the sole discretion of Versus Socks.
- Prize(s) are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash unless otherwise advertised. Prize(s) are subject to availability and Versus Socks reserve the right to substitute any prize(s) with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Versus Socks and/or any third party sponsors of the promotional competition will not be held liable for any damages done to the prize(s).
- Versus Socks is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with Versus Socks promotional competitions.
- By virtue of participation, participants consent to Versus Socks obtaining, processing and retaining their personal information (Protected Personal Information), which may include the involvement of Versus Socks’s third-party agent. Also, participants consent to Versus Socks retaining their personal information for as long as is necessary to further the legitimate business interests of Versus Socks and that Versus Socks may take reasonable steps to update or destroy such information.
- Participants accept that Versus Socks takes reasonable and practical steps to safeguard Protected Personal Information in its possession. In addition, errors or malfunctions can occur. To the fullest extent permissible by law, participants hereby indemnify and hold harmless Versus Socks, its employees and agents against any liability, damages and/or legal action whatsoever and howsoever arising, including negligence on the part of Versus Socks, its employees or agents and Versus Socks shall not accept liability for any damages or any type of loss suffered by participants who enter this promotional competition.
- Versus Socks’ decision in respect of all matters to do with the promotional competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event that Versus Socks makes any indulgence or deviation of these terms and conditions in favour of participants, then such indulgence or deviation shall not be misconstrued to be a breach or waiver of these terms and conditions or any rights of Versus Socks.
- Versus Socks reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of Versus Socks’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by Versus Socks.
- The above clauses are severable from each other. In the event that any clause or part thereof is unenforceable in law, then that clause or part thereof shall be severed from these terms and conditions, and the surviving clauses and parts thereof shall remain in force.